The Sustainable Shipping Initiative is pleased to be sponsoring two IWSA events at this years’ SMM Conference 2016 being held in Hamburg from 6th – 9th September.
The first event that the Sustainable Shipping Initiative is delighted to be sponsoring is on the 6th September during the Innovation Forum, and is the Panel Discussion between 12pm-12:45pm on the Future of Wind Propulsion & Sustainable Shipping.
The Panellists are;
• Peter Schenzle, Wind Propulsion Specialist, Inventor of Indosail System, & Lecturer at Hamburg University of Technology,
• Ted Shergalis, Co-Founder, Magnuss Services Inc.,
• Brian Boserup, CEO, Blue Technology,
• Gavin Allwright, IWSA Secretary.
The Forum will be held in the new Hall A5 which is dedicated to green propulsion and IWSA have an extensive agenda with expert speakers and panellists that are sure to provoke discussion and debate about wind propulsion as key to the future of sustainable shipping.
Secondly, the Sustainable Shipping Initiative is thrilled to be sponsoring the Technology Users Award at the Wind Propulsion Innovation Award Ceremony on the 8th September. The nominees for this award are shipping companies that are championing the use of wind propulsion on their vessels through testing, prototype operation or commercial use.
The four shortlisted companies are;
• Enercon – E-ship 1
• Bore Shipping – Norsepower Rotors
• Solar Sailor – Ocius Technology Ltd – the Rigid Opening Sail
• Fair Transport – Traditional Sail Cargo
For the full program of events and more information regarding either of these events please visit the following link; http://wind-ship.org/en/iwsa-smm2016/