The Sustainable Shipping Initiative (SSI) is a multi-stakeholder initiative that brings together like-minded and leading organisations with shared goals and equal determination in improving the sustainability of the shipping industry in terms of social, environmental and economic impacts.
Comprising ambitious leaders spanning the entire shipping value chain, SSI members range from charterers, shipowners and shipyards to ports & port operators, banks, ship finance and insurance providers, classification societies and technology companies.
The SSI is leading the way in doing what is right and required to meet the goals outlined in its vision for 2040 by way of the SSI Roadmap. We seek to change the narrative of the shipping industry by influencing others to act and ultimately support a level playing field where high performing and sustainability-focussed actors are rewarded.
- Clean Technology
- Closed Loop Material Management
- Low Carbon Shipping
- Ship Recycling
- Social Sustainability
- SSI Members
- SSI Partners
- SSI Roadmap Vision Area 1: Oceans
- SSI Roadmap Vision Area 2: Communities
- SSI Roadmap Vision Area 3: Careers
- SSI Roadmap Vision Area 4: Transparency
- SSI Roadmap Vision Area 5: Finance
- SSI Roadmap Vision Area 6: Energy